Friday, October 22, 2010

It Is High Praise! Thanks Charlotte

I like to read.  I like to write.  I like to laugh.  Am I always grammatically correct?  Heaven's NO.    Do I stick commas here, there and everywhere. Yep- I sure do.  Do I get intimidated every time I post an update for fear others will think I am an uneducated Bimbo?  Pretty much. Do I worry I will offend others?  Most of the time (see Bimbo remark).  Do I want others to like my ramblings?  It is high on my list of wants to be perfectly honest.  I write because it makes me happy.  I could stick it all on paper and tuck it away in a shabby, worn out journal...that is an option.  An option that has worked for many, many years.
Why am I telling you this?  Well, because today I was handed a complement.  No, that is an understatement, I was compared to Erma Bombeck.  You realize, that is better than being compared to Mother Theresa.  Well, it is for a mommy blogger, I can promise you that.  Do you know who she is?  She was an American Columnist/Author that found humor in life and made a career off the observations of her family in suburbia.  Her humor was "timeless" because she based it on relationships and everyday aggravations.   Here is a quote from her "What's with you men? Would hair stop growing on your chest if you asked directions somewhere?"    Sounds like something I would say... doesn't it?
Now, I was not told this "directly".  In my family that is not necessary.  Our grapevine is strong and rather impressive... so I know it is on the up and up.  That said I would like to publicly thank Charlotte...I wish I was better prepared for a thank you speech...(looks from side to side and reaches into bra to pull out a crinkled piece of paper)
Ahem...
Sweet Charlotte,
This is so unexpected.  I can never thank you enough for making me smile and encouraging me to continue on with something I truly love.  Up until a few moments ago, I was having a "kinda" bad day... I woke up and an xl top was tight.  It made me grumpy... but then .... then ... you happened.  I wanted to say... "thanks and you humble me"... I mean , you didn't humble enough to stop writing about how great you think I am... but I think "humbled" comes in levels... ( clears throat mmmhmmm) ...Don't you?   ( giggle).
All kidding aside... Thank you Charlotte...(and your check is in the mail..)

No comments:

Post a Comment