My nemesis is the dish washer. I do not like the dishwasher. I get that it is a modern marvel. I remember my grandmother living most of her entire life without one. She would stand at the sink washing a pile of dishes from the meal she lovingly cooked. It is a convenience, I get it but I still don't have to like it. Let me confess how I handle this chore. It is a NINE step process...
- Step one- open the front
- Step two- peak around the top shelf to assure items are not funked over
- Step three- select certain cups, shake excess water off and stack them on the counter
- Step four- push the said cups in the cabinet and implement the duck and dodge method to keep existing cups in the cupboard from knocking me in the head.
- Step five- feeling lucky, made it without any breakage or bumps- *takes a sip of coffee in satisfaction of this accomplishment
- Step six - pull out the dreaded bottom rack
- Step seven- pick out a few forks and spoons- leave the remaining in the rack because well, I don't have a good answer
- Step eight- pull out the extra large pan and walk around the kitchen holding it- open most cabinets to find that sucker will not fit...
- Step nine- take pan back to dishwasher and put it back where I found it.
The end- and do not act like I am the only one with this process... ahem :)