Thursday, October 30, 2014

Packing Heat

A friend of mine recently posted on Facebook about how the area we live in and raise our children in is changing.  Not for the good, I might add.   People are breaking into homes,  following people in parking lots, robbing stores and criminals are being chased down by the police- forcing lockdowns on our local schools.  It is not safe- and maybe it never was - we were just living in a bubble of bliss and choosing to ignore what is in front of us.  It is a problem either way you decide to cope... I am home alone with the kids a lot.  It is making me take a good hard look at my surroundings.

That said I may need a gun.  I little pea shooter that is easy to handle.  I don't want to kill anyone but I do want to stop them if they threaten me or my family.  Let me retract that.. IF they come after my children I will not hesitate to unload the entire PEA POD into their sorry rear ends.  We clear?  Groovy.

I need to discuss this with the husband.  I am going to need the hardware and a future lesson or two  would not hurt.

  Here is how I feel like the conversation will go as I play it out in my head:

Me- I think I need to pack heat!
Husband - Oh babe, You are hot enough!
Me- Blushing...


What is really going to happen- option 1

Me- I think I need to pack heat!
Husband- NO!  You will end up being the one that gets shot.


OR Another version with him that is totally possible: option 2

Me- I think I need to pack heat!
Husband-  I think you have enough heat- you are freezing the rest of us with the air on 69 year round and opening the window when it is 30 degrees..
Me- sorry

And so - there you have it... - to pea or not to pea.. that is the question.

4 comments:

  1. I was about to write you and brag that fairly soon I will break 10K and then I saw you with 42K and you have not written a story for a long time. Gal you really need to write. You are gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of it is spam... don't get too excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need another update on Walker and the Daughter. She is probably getting close to boy liking age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need another update on Walker and the Daughter. She is probably getting close to boy liking age.

    ReplyDelete