Friday, February 8, 2013

Shame Shame

I don't know if it is because I have too much time on my hands (sarcasm), since all my children want to do after school is sit on the couch and read books (a lie - wrapped in extreme sarcasm) but I have found myself doing a little research.  Got to keep using that ol' noggin before it turns to total mush.   What has peaked my curiosity, you ask?   I wanted to know who decided which words are curse words,  so I googled it.  
Here are the findings:

After picking apart Wikipedia and other forums- it is pretty obvious that NO one really knows. Educated guesses are the best I could find- and there is really no need to get into the he said she said.  We do know the oldest traces of human writings include "offensive" words- 

So after spending an excessive amount of time reading "because your mom said so"... I have made my own decision on this topic:

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"


Good Day Folks-


No comments:

Post a Comment